Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Last day in Vilnius (26 - 27/7/2006)



There aren't many things to do in Vilnius during the last day there. However, there were also a few points of interest that is worth to see before my final departure out of the country. In that, the three cross hill is an interesting site, resembling three crosses on top of a small hill.

I walked up the hill through a small trail, and soon I reached the top. Such a nice vista of the city of Vilnius! I thought, with many nice red-roofed houses packing together, resembling many old cities of Lithuania. Just as I was about to take out my camera and tried to take photos of the nice city, I nearly shouted in horror! Guess what's happened? As I was holding my camera, it suddenly slipped off from my hand and start flying into the air, finally laid at rest at some of the grassy area about 1 feet away from me. And, if I didn't remember wrong, that slop was downhill. If it was not because of a tree or something, the camera might have rolled downhill and will be lost in the horizon.

Thanks God! I exclaimed. If the camera really had rolled downhill, it will resembles another incident of my Vietnamese trip in May, having all my photos of my trip lost! Quickly, I climbed over the fence and snatched the camera back into my hands. I promise I will never be so careless.

After the visit to the three-crossed hill, I went back down and walk around the nice little town a bit, trying to breathe in the final air of the Baltic. Because in the next day, I will be flying out of Vilnius early towards London, where I will be spending the next 3 days there, visiting friends from church as well as and my brothers. It was sad to leave all these beautiful sceneries, the friendly people I have met, and most importantly some of the best food I have had.

As Vilnius rolled into the night, I realised I have had the best time ever, now waiting for the next day to come where I took a taxi to the airport and broaded on my flight towards London Gatwick airport. This, I called the end of my Baltic trip.


(Picture caption: 1. The three-crosses at the three-crossed hill at Vilnius. 2. A photo taken from up the three-crosses hill. 3. Me taking my last photo at the Vilnius backpacker youth hostel, Vilnius.)

1 comment:

danvalley52 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.